Monday, June 11, 2012

The Bakehouse Art Complex

In late April I was accepted as a resident artist at the Bakehouse Art Complex, a non-profit residency of studios, galleries and work areas for emerging and mid-career artists. This is a huge honor as the acceptance process is very selective. I know many of the current and former BAC artists and feel truly humbled to be included in their number.

I was accepted just in time for the last event of the season so was able only to host a small, impromptu reception. I've posted photos of the reception on my Flickr feed. Given the short time frame, I featured selected photos from Mermaids!, Alone in a Sea of People, and Soapbox. I also featured selected photos from The Dispossessed. None of these has ever before been exhibited.

Each of these will be the subject of its own show, after the season begins anew in September with a grand opening. The September show, however, will feature Caution Tape, a series examining fear and feminine identity. Please keep an eye out for emails from me announcing new exhibits. I hope to see each of you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment