Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Fiddler

This is really a great time to be an artist (or even just "into" the arts) in Miami because there is just so much going on.  What started as a simple art walk in Coral Gables and a few satellite shows in Wynwood during Art Basel has blossomed into a full-fledged micro economy with artist communities fairly much springing up across the entire county. The Bakehouse (where my studio is located) and ArtCenter/South Florida have been around for decades but the last ten years has brought us several new communities including ArtSouth, the Artisan Lounge and Ironside

Some artists I know have taken studios in Ironside, which of course has its own art-walk.  As with all the better venues, Ironside has a sort of youthful cool, artiste feel to it all set in an industrial park.  Tre chic.

As we were leaving, Ironside I came across this violinist and shot the image in near darkness.  I like the image, even if it's not terribly sharp, maybe because it's not terribly.  Still, considering the lighting, I'm lucky I got anything useful from it at.

No comments:

Post a Comment