Sunday, September 12, 2010

Is it the camera or the photographer?

Those of you who've seen me shoot know I use top-notch equipment, mostly Canon 1 series cameras and Canon L lenses.  These are the very best cameras and lenses that Canon makes; they are in fact the definition of "world class".  The cameras are big, heavy and built like tanks. So, when people see me with one of these really big, impressive-looking cameras I often hear "wow, I bet you can take really good pictures with that camera!"  Hmmmmm, ggrrrrr, . . . it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Yes I can, but truly it has very little to do with the gear.  Good photography is in the eye and in the heart.  If you know how to frame an image and you love this craft you'll take "real purtty pictures" no matter what gear you use.

Don't believe me?  Have a look at this video.  Lee Morris shot an entire photo session with nothing but an iPhone and lights.



The iPhone Fashion Shoot - Lee Morris Shoots With The 3GS Fstoppers from FStoppers on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment