Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Meaning of Life

One Life
In my day-gig, I encounter many people who are, as they say, goal oriented.  These types of people are generally not weighed down by questions or even doubt.  The know what they want and the go and get it.  To them, life is simple: if you have a goal, plan the work, work the plan and achieve your goal.

Many people, however, aren't like this.  They seek a greater truth, an understanding of what lies beneath, or perhaps above. These people are seekers.  They question, they doubt, they seek the truth and are skeptical when they find it.  Ultimately, they seek the meaning of life. [continued after the break]



I must confess my day-gig and photography keep me grounded with one foot in each camp.  I plan and execute, but I also seek and question.  I juggle two realities but somehow make it work.

I've thought about the meaning of life for many years and just concluded that, for me, it is the sum of all things that give each individual's life meaning.  In essence, the question is worded in-artfully.  Each of us really should ask "What are the things that give my life meaning?"  That is truly the beginning of personal enlightenment.

I found this jeep walking through my neighborhood, parked just outside Tobacco Road.  I love the words on the back, and the fact that it's a jeep, just like I drive, FWIW.  I also think it answers, in its own way, the ultimate question of the meaning of life: "Just live it."

Just live your life.

Click here to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment